Bay Area Center for Independent Living, Inc.
Bay Area Center for Independent Living, Inc. promotes access to community resources and support for people with disabilities and their families through programs which offer choices, preserve dignity and increase independence for an improved quality of life across the nine counties of Maryland's Eastern Shore.
|Executive Director:||Dr. Katherine L.R. Jones|
|Phone Number:||443-260-0822 ext. 156|
|Mission Category:||Developmental Disabilities|
Bay Area CIL operates under five core Independent Living Services:
1. Advocacy (Personal and Systems)
2. Information and Referral
3. Independent Living Skills
4. Peer Support and Mentoring
5. Transitional Services for the youth into adulthood and those transitioning from Nursing/Rehabilitative Facilities
Bay Area CIL achieves these five core services by offering:
1. Assistive Technology (High and low tech devices to help individuals live and work as independently as possible)
2. Vocational (Guiding individuals with disabilities to find gainful employment)
3. Supports Planning (Case management services for Medicaid long-term service consumers)
4. Recreational (Family oriented activities for social support)